Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9th, 2010




Today's theme was summer. So the gray and rainy weather really helped enhance this. Anyways, with a little photo editing you can hardly even tell, with the exception of the little girl's sweatshirt.

When I first started thinking about this theme I wanted to do something with candid shots of little kids doing summery things -- licking Popsicles or watermelon would have been ideal! There were a few kids over at the park, but these weren't the most interesting pictures. I included the flower shots too because I liked the coloring, even if the depth of field is really wonky in that last shot.

2 comments:

  1. OK, what I wanted to know was whether you did something to the first pic, it has a cool look to it. A tint change or something? I know the green is reflecting up on her. you added a vignette. Anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believed I increased the temperature until it was really sepia looking, and THEN increased vibrancy. Nothing fancy, just lightroom toggles.

    ReplyDelete