Monday, July 5, 2010

July 3rd, 2010







Today I went hiking in Skykomish with Sopha and his brother and sister. It was sunny in auburn supposedly, but rainy in Skykomish. It was still a pretty hike though, and a nice path that led to Barclay Lake. Close to the lake on our way there, I happened to glance to the side; and my gaze fell directly on a giant banana slug. It was so fast that I already past it though, so I kept walking, but not as happily. We ate cheese, pepperoni, wheat thins, and granola bars; but then we had to go back: Back to the slug. So on the way back I was completely freaked, and walked on Sopha's heels the entire time, forcing myself to just look at his shoes, and then we he spotted the same disgusting banana slug he picked me up and carried me about five feet. By then i had freaked myself out so much I was starting to cry. It was pretty traumatic! But we made it out and that was the only slug I saw, I guess it would have been fitting to take a picture of it, but how do you edit a picture of something you can't stand to look at? Afterwards we ate yummy sandwiches at a little deli and then headed to Eagle Falls, which is the bottom two pics. That night I tried my hand at firework photography. I will have to keep trying, but atleast I know what to do now, and I got the hang of my cord remote. It was pretty smoky though! But not too chilly.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! See, it's pretty easy isn't it? I knew you'd get the hang of it. I'm glad you gave it a try.
    Hauling a tripod around is a pain in the ass, but it's the only way to get something like fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wanna try to get rid of some of the smoke in your fireworks pix try dragging the left of the histogram in "levels" in PS. Dragging it to the right will make the smoky part blacker, you might like it! (leave the right and middle ones alone)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete