Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th, 2010




Happy Birthday America! I decided to post more than one picture for today and yesterday because I had enough pictures to where I couldn't decided what to post, but not enough to post in a full album somewhere else. Mom and I went to the book sale at 8:00 in the library which was packed, but I did find a couple books for my collection. Then we went home and got Murphy and went back to the Fourth of July festival at Les Gove like always. We got some cool glass earrings, and looked at the crafts and walked around. I wanted to photography the 'balloon arches' they always have, but they just had balloon clumps this year. We checked out the new "Discovery Park" which is supposed to be a sensory playground-- really cool. I think I will go back there for some pictures in the next couple of days. And I want to wait until its rainy so I can go there and play on it too! :) Afterwards we ate some BBQ food, and then I went with Sopha and his brother up to the Muckelshoots to get some last minute-marked-down fireworks. I have never been in there before ON July 4th, and it was nuts. The air was completely masked with gun powder, litter was everywhere, and at one point we all simultaneously got something in our eyes. While we were waiting to turn into the lot we were watching fireworks out the window, and a huge mortar came right towards the car and hit all the windows. I thought it was sad how many parents brought their little babies there, and I even saw a dog. But it was a fourth of July experience I suppose, and we got to see a lot of really cool fireworks!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good pictures... I like the top one best. I like the sparkly balloons.
    Yeah, now you know to avoid Muckleshoots on the 4th. It's not worth your life.

    ReplyDelete