Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 30th, 2010



Purple. How much more literal could I get? You can get some pretty cool shots of crayons though; which I did not, but I thought I would try. (I included the tiny thumbnail to show that I did some other angles besides the large version). There were some other compositions that I liked but my Lightroom decided to expire tonight, and Photoshop is so much more work :( It was a million times harder making a legitimate vignette in Photoshop-- and can you even tell its there? This was the first purple thing i thought of, or violet as the crayons say. (note: I arranged the "violet" to be in the center purposely). I am not sure whether crayons these days are saying 'purple' or not. I HATE when people say red-purple, or blue-purple. That sounds stupid, so if that is what YOU do, you should stop. Red-Violet rolls off the tongue much better. Once you get into the art world though, you find 'Ultramarine Violet' and 'Manganese Violet' instead, but that is a different can of worms.

1 comment:

  1. Quite a couple stories to go with your pictures today.
    These crayon shots are good. The detail is sharp in the top one, but I think I like the perspective of the bottom one better.
    Purple is just for pictures--Sue won't let me wear it...

    ReplyDelete